Our Purpose & Vision
In response to God’s love, grace and truth, the purpose of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is to establish and advance witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world. Our vision is to see students and faculty transformed, campuses renewed, and world changers developed.
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA
InterVarsity at UTD is a part of the bigger mission of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA, which is an evangelical campus mission serving more than 35,000 students and faculty on more than 560 college and university campuses nationwide. For more information, visit intervarsity.org
For more information about InterVarsity in universities and colleges in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, visit: http://redriver.intervarsity.org/
What We Believe
We believe in:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons– Father, Son, and Holy Spirit–full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
To God be glory forever.